FAQ by Residential Customers
Here are some signs that your foundation could be damaged:
- Cracks appear in the foundation or concrete slabs.
- Your basement has leaks or rotting walls.
- Basement walls are bowing or bulging on the inside or outside.
- Your interior walls or ceilings have cracks in the drywall.
- Your chimney is cracked or leaning.
- Your windows or doors are sticking and won’t close properly.
Left untreated, foundation issues can get worse, resulting in major structural problems for all elements of your home.
- Your home is built on expansive clay.
- The fill soil under your home is compressible or hasn't been properly compacted.
- The area around your foundation hasn't been properly maintained.
Whatever the cause, settlement can reduce the value of your home and even render it unsafe.
The first important step is to have your foundation reviewed by a professional firm like TerraCana. We can evaluate the severity of the issues, determine whether the foundation needs repair, and develop a remediation strategy.
If you see signs of foundation distress, contact us right away for a visual inspection and estimate.