All home foundations move over time. This movement should be factored into the design of the house when it is originally constructed. However, foundations often move in a way that the original designers didn’t predict. This unexpected movement could have serious consequences for your home.
Here are some signs that your foundation could be damaged:
- Cracks appear in the foundation or concrete slabs.
- Your basement has leaks or rotting walls.
- Basement walls are bowing or bulging on the inside or outside.
- Your interior walls or ceilings have cracks in the drywall.
- Your chimney is cracked or leaning.
- Your windows or doors are sticking and won’t close properly.
Left untreated, foundation issues can get worse, resulting in major structural problems for all elements of your home.